This will be my fifth time teaching the class and the second time using a wiki. Wiki-ists will rail against me for not using a wiki the right way.
We have Blackboard on campus. I should probably use it. I don't because I would only use it to store files. I tried using Blackboard the first time I taught and it didn't work out so well.
Classes have just started and I already feel behind. I am going to be teaching this semester…which was not planned. A coworker and I take turns teaching our 2 credit hour Library Research Methods class. She was offered a job in Pittsburgh and will be leaving at the end of the month. I'm picking up the class. I'll be teaching Tuesday and Thursdays from 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.
I'm still planning on writing about the changes we made this summer.
I've been busy this month. I just haven't been blogging. I plan on writing more about some of the bigger projects soon. Here are the highlights…
- Reactive weeding and shifting in our reference collection to eliminate a row of shelves to make more room at the computers.
- Withdrawing those weeded reference books from our catalog.
- Selecting books in the juvenile collection for weeding after education faculty confirmation.
- Adding a "Book Quick Search" to go with the existing "Article Quick Search" on the library's web site.
- Adding a MeeboMe widget to the library's web site.
- Decommissioning the Reference Desk in prep for a combined Service Desk at our existing Circulation Desk at the start of Fall term. (How many times can I say desk in one run-on sentence? If you answered three you are correct.)
- Getting ready to switch offices with Brian in two weeks.
- Getting ready for the OPAL conference.
- Finalizing the changes of the redesign of the OPAL catalog.
- Tearing out the kitchen at home. This is the last room to be redone since we started working on the house in July 2004.
- Finding a brick floor in this greenhouse/stall/thing attached to the garage that was full of junk when we bought the house.
- Going to the farm to see my mom and sister who was on vacation for a couple of weeks.
Stay tuned for more details. I may also share the fun as we begin our final descent towards the first day of classes…only four weeks for those last minute projects!